Merrell Moab 2 Ventilator

rated 0.50 of 5 stars
photo: Merrell Moab 2 Ventilator trail shoe

The Moab 2 Ventilator replaced the Merrell Moab Ventilator.

Men's
Price Current Retail: $15.00-$180.00
Historic Range: $15.00-$180.00
Reviewers Paid: $800.00
Women's
Price Current Retail: $10.00-$180.00
Historic Range: $10.00-$180.00

Loved prior versions. Latest version (shoe has 8/19 date on tongue) is uncomfortable. Warranty replacement sole is literally falling off.

Pros

• Lots of tread—at least it had lots, now falling off.
  • Solid upper

Cons

• Little insole padding at toes
  • Narrow at foot midsection
  • Sole is literally falling off

Update 5/2021: I took some measurements and the inside width of the shoes is different by 1/2 inch. Contacted Merrell and they replaced. This seemed great. I have a new pair. Unfortunately I bought a different pair, so these sat for a bit. Now they are three hikes in and two of the lugs actually fell off!

Check out the rear part of the upper shoe in this pic.

Soo disappointed!

20210526_084525.jpg

Had this latest incarnation for about a month and I cannot get them comfortable. I have tried lacing them in different ways and nothing works. I finally put a different insole in and that has helped. But, overall something has changed in manufacturing and I would give this latest bunch a pass.

Tried on in store and they seemed fine, but stiff. I had hoped they would break in, but they are not getting any more comfortable.

Experience

I have owned previous versions, the Moab and earlier Moab 2's, but this pair is a dud. My wife also has a pair and the stitching at the toe is starting to shred after only a handful of hikes.

Thanks for sharing your experience with these updated shoes, Brian. Too bad it didn't work out.

Sounds very disappointing. Thanks for the update, Brian.