Merrell Moab 2 Ventilator - Men's

rated 1.5 of 5 stars (1)
photo: Merrell Men's Moab 2 Ventilator trail shoe

The Moab 2 Ventilator replaced the Merrell Moab Ventilator.

Price Current Retail: $62.68-$100.00
Historic Range: $62.68-$100.00
Reviewers Paid: $800.00

Loved prior versions. Latest version (shoe has 10/18…

Summary

Loved prior versions. Latest version (shoe has 10/18 date on tongue) is uncomfortable.

Pros

• Great sole
  • Lots of tread
  • Solid upper

Cons

• Little insole padding at toes
  • Narrow at foot midsection

Had this latest incarnation for about a month and I cannot get them comfortable. I have tried lacing them in different ways and nothing works. I finally put a different insole in and that has helped. But, overall something has changed in manufacturing and I would give this latest bunch a pass.

Tried on in store and they seemed fine, but stiff. I had hoped they would break in, but they are not getting any more comfortable.

Experience

I have owned previous versions, the Moab and earlier Moab 2's, but this pair is a dud. My wife also has a pair and the stitching at the toe is starting to shred after only a handful of hikes.

Thanks for sharing your experience with these updated shoes, Brian. Too bad it didn't work out.