Morakniv Companion Rescue

photo: Morakniv Companion Rescue fixed-blade knife

Price Historic Range: $13.89
Reviewers Paid: $15.00
Weight 131 g

Another great, inexpensive knife from Morakniv. I purchased this knife to go into my car as a safety/rescue tool. With its blunt tip and razor sharp serrated edge, it easily cuts through any items I might run across while driving (seat belt, clothes, bandages, etc.).

Pros

• Hi vis orange
  • Extremely sharp out of the box
  • Inexpensive
  • Larger girth handle fits my larger hand
  • Stainless steel so it won't rust

Cons

• None

I purchased this knife a few months ago to go in my car in the rare case I need an emergency knife for cutting seat belts or assisting in an accident. Moraknivs never disappoint in their delivery and cost and this one is an example of how one can afford to have a variety of Moraknivs for different situations. Aside from the Light My Fire Mora knife all my other ones have been less than $20.

This knife comes in a high visibility orange so it's quite easy to see and out of the box it was razor sharp.  The mostly serrated edge grips material such as rope, webbing, seat belt straps, etc. and cuts through it without much effort. The blunt tip on it is designed to slide under material such as clothing or bandages without cutting skin.

WP_20140816_10_55_54_Pro.jpg

WP_20140816_10_56_13_Pro.jpg

The only thing I didn't consider when putting this in my car is the "concealed weapon" laws in Colorado. A neighbor of mine who's a policeman saw it in my door storage slot one day and warned me that I could get in trouble if I ever get pulled over for a traffic violation because this knife would be considered "concealed".

Never even crossed my mind, so now I put it somewhere less obvious but still reachable in case an emergency arises. Guess if they search my car I'd still get in trouble, but hopefully not.

Here are some details:

• Sheath Color: Fluorescent Orange
  • Sheath Material: Polymer
  • Includes: Companion F Rescue, Polymer Sheath

Daniel Oates

Awesome to hear that other Morakniv's don't disappoint, John! What's the total length (and blade length) on this one? I see it next to some pens and on the electronic device but can't tell.

jboothmtnbkr

Hi Daniel, I added the specs to the review above.

Daniel Oates

Thanks! Looks great!

dirtwheels

Fellow Mora owner here, great knives for an even better price. I almost always pack my bushcraft with me.

NativesOutdoors White Shell Mountain Beanie Review