Mountain Hardwear Android II Jacket

rated 4.5 of 5 stars (1)
photo: Mountain Hardwear Android II Jacket soft shell jacket

Price Historic Range: $38.00-$150.00
Reviewers Paid: $80.00

A terrific and stylish jacket. Totally windproof,…

Summary

A terrific and stylish jacket. Totally windproof, surprisingly water resistant. Best used for around the town as opposed to climbing or backpacking. Very happy with it, and highly recommend it.

Pros

• Stylish
  • Weatherproof
  • Good fit
  • Good value

Cons

• A bit stiff at first

I am the head band director for a large high school band program, and I bought a set of these to use as staff jackets during the marching band season. I chose the Android II because it looked a bit more classy than the more technical soft shells I already have.

We have just finished our first season in them, and I have to say that they have exceeded my expectations. They were a bit stiff at first, but have become very comfortable with use. They have proven to be completely windproof, and surprisingly water resistant. They are billed as "water resistant," but even in pretty heavy rain we have all stayed completely dry in them.

It is easy to layer up under them, and they are showing no signs of wear. As a climber, I have long been a soft shell convert.  Now my whole staff is sold on them!

G00SE

Thanks for the review, Alpine Climber. Can you share some pictures of this stylish soft shell?