Mountain Hardwear Excursion Trifecta Jacket

Historic Range: $119.98-$350.00
Weight 2 lb 10 oz / 1.18 kg
Center Back Length 31 in / 79 cm
Body Fabric Ascent™ Micro Herringbone

I just purchased this jacket, so my review will be based on my initial impression. I'm 5'8", 190 lbs, and I purchased a size large. I chose the grill/black color.

Overall...I love this jacket.  I have owned several Mountain Hardwear shells, and this is by far my favorite. I've been wearing it all day today, and I have yet to feel overheated...therefore it seems to breath very well with the new Dry Q membrain. The outer fabric seems to be very durable, and the overall design looks great.  Since it is a 3-in-1 jacket, it allows you to use it in various weather conditions.

Both jackets have a single interior pocket, and they both have fleece lined pockets. The shell has a water resistant zipper on the chest pocket, but the hand and pit zips have standard zippers. The chest pocket is HUGE on the shell...which is a big plus. The hood seems large enough to use with a helmet, and it can be adjusted down when you are not wearing a helmet.

The liner jacket is very lightweight and very plain in design...but it seems very warm. The liner jacket has snaps on both sleeves and a snap at the collar to help in attaching it to the outer shell.

Overall....this seems to be the perfect "all around" jacket, and I plan to get numerous years of use out of it.

FORLOH Deep Space Half Zip Long Sleeve Top Review