I have used this jacket through two seasons of winter…

Fabric: Conduit SL
Fill: Primaloft

I have used this jacket through two seasons of winter hiking and camping in VT and NY and I really love it. It is amazingly warm with very little bulk. The Primaloft insulation compresses very well, not a much as down, but close.

The jacket is great by itself and it layers well under a shell for more severe conditions. The Conduit SL fabric easily sheds wet snow and drizzle. The zip-off hood is very ergonomically designed and functional. Lots of nice Mountain Hardwear touches you would expect--all the pockets, draw cords, etc. I'm surprised it is not more popular in the MH lineup.

It always goes in my pack for winter outings. I frequently wear it around town as my only winter coat down to around 10 F and am quite comfortable.

The Insulated Tempest SL Jacket has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Insulated Tempest SL Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 6, 2006 at Backcountry Outlet.

Six Moon Designs Minimalist Review