Mountain Hardwear Nickel Cigar

rated 3.5 of 5 stars

The Nickel Cigar has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best 3-season synthetic sleeping bags for 2021.

I love my Mountain Hardwear bag. I've been using for just over a year and a half and it still has just as much loft as when I bought it. It is a little bulky, but a good compression sack can squeeze it down nicely. I've never been cold in it even sleeping under the stairs in below 10 F weather. It is also extremely roomy. I have plenty of room to move around and get comfortable.

Design: Mummy
Fill: Polarguard HV
Temperature Rating: +5 F

When I first purchased the bag it was extremely warm. I recall I was very comfortable at 13 degree's F while waiting in line (overnighter) for College football tickets. However after sleeping in it perhaps 15 times the bag did not perform as new. Spending a week at Smith Rock, OR I was actually colding in the morning when the temperature was in the high teens. I have never left this bag stuff for more than 24 hrs. The bag does not appear as lofty as the first night. I have since sold this bag and upgrade to a down/dry-loft bag.

Design: Mummy