regular long
Shoulder girth 63 in / 160 cm 65 in / 165 cm
Hip girth 59 in / 150 cm 61 in / 155 cm
Foot girth 39 in / 99 cm 41 in / 104 cm
Price $610.00 USD $630.00 USD

I needed a bag for an Alaskan expedition. I found…

I needed a bag for an Alaskan expedition. I found the MH Wraith on sale and ordered it.

It is very well made especially the conduit fabric for waterproofing. Luckily I went on a pre-Alaska trip to the San Juan Mountains in southwest Colorado in winter before heading off to Alaska. This sleeping bag would be very minimalist in the cold weather of Alaska. I got very cold in it the first night at 12,000 ft. in 7 degree F weather. After learning how to use the draft tube and hood I was fine.

I think this bag  will be fine down to -5 degree F. I still have not been to Alaska but when I do I will rent a -40 degree F bag!

For me it came down to the MH or the North Face, in…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 800 Down
Temperature Rating: -20
Weight: 4.4lbs

For me it came down to the MH or the North Face, in the end I chose the Mountain Hardwear because of the roomier cut. I am a bigger guy and I am not a fan of sleeping and feeling like I am wrapped up and can't move. I am very satisfied with the product. I have had it out in single degree temps with below 0 wind chill and slept in shorts only and had not problem. I would highly recommend this product.

300winmag

Thanks for the info on this bag. I reviewed LL Bean's -20 F. down bag here and found it excellent in design and overall quality and I own a Western Mountaineering 3 season bag so I know down bag quality. I paid $260. for my LL Bean -20 F. bag on a one day sale I lucked onto. But even at the $400.+ regular;lar price it is a great buy. This MH -20 F. bag has 800 fill goose down for $610. and mine had slightly lower 750 fill goose down for a regular price of $400.+. Big difference in price for a small difference in fill power.

The Mountain Hardwear Wraith SL -20° is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 6, 2019 at CampSaver.com.

Katadyn BeFree 0.6L Review