Current Retail: $54.96-$85.00
Historic Range: $31.98-$85.00
These are a lightweight winter pant that move with…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $89 Canadian. I think they’ve gone up a bit.
These are a lightweight winter pant that move with you and keep the chill away.
- The light weight of them is a huge bonus for me. The stretchiness of the nylon/elastane allows them to move with you, the thin layer of fleece helps to maintain warmth, and they are EXTREMELY comfortable.
- If you end up in a deluge you’re going to get wet. The DWR treatment lets droplets bead off but won’t keep a soaking rain at bay. Sitting on a wet chairlift during spring skiing can be a problem.
These pants are my go-to for 95 percent of my winter activities. I’ve worn them for winter trail runs, skiing (Alpine and Nordic), snowshoeing, skating, snowball fights, and casual walks. They simply deliver. This will be my third winter with them and their durability continues to impress me. The only tear in one of them was from a dog bite—considering I’ve worn them in brush, on chairlifts with sharp edges, wearing crampons, etc. I’d say they’re holding up well (no loose stitching either).
I’m comfortable down to -10C/14F before I feel the need to put on any kind of thermal underneath (usually a thin pair). I’ve been out in -30C/-22F with a heavier fleece thermal underneath and remained comfortable.
As far as moisture goes they wick moderate sweat away okay but heavy sweating makes them somewhat damp (don’t notice it until I take them off—yay fleece). As far as external moisture a light rain beads off but if there’s a heavier rain event pulling something that aids repelling might be advisable.
When a breeze comes up I haven’t had a major problem with windchill (I usually plan ahead with thermals underneath) but I think in windier conditions I’d layer overtop with something.
I currently have three pairs (black, shark, brown) and will likely get another pair this year. I think they're due for another DWR reapplication this season.
- Wide, low-profile waistband for long-wearing comfort under a pack
- Cozy-soft fleece lining
- Durable, four-way stretch nylon fabric provides excellent range of motion
- Side zip pocket for storage
- Full-length inseam gusset for mobility
- DWR finish repels water
Three winters of steady use and abuse with these particular pants.