Best bug out bag you could get! Been putting packs…

Source: bought it used

Summary

Best bug out bag you could get!

Pros

• Light
  • Sturdy

Cons

• Zippers seem to want to stick and I'm afraid I might rip one.

Been putting packs together bug out bags for over two years now. This is the best pack I have found for it. I filled it easily with ammo, tent, sleeping bag, food and water, fire starter, knives, para-cord, fishing kit and cloths; still I had room and it was at least 7lbs lighter than my lightest pack with the same stuff in it.

Experience

Former Air Force, so I'm used to packing to move fast, but still taking everything you might need.

Welcome to Trailspace, James!

Great size and very lightweight. Not a lot of extra…

Summary

Great size and very lightweight. Not a lot of extra straps and zippers to weigh it down. Had mine for 6 years and use it about 75 to 100 nights out per year.

Pros

• Durable, durable, durable
  • Light weight
  • Removable top pouch to fanny pack

Cons

• Mesh side pockets stretched and tore over time

I've used this pack extensively for worktrips with my non-profit Friends of Kings Peak and working for the Forest Service in the High Uintas of northern Utah.

The Chimera has been discontinued.

The Mountainsmith Chimera is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 12, 2007 at GearTrade.

Outdoor Research Equinox Convert Pants Review