Won't rub your dog the wrong way. All the buckles…

Summary

Won't rub your dog the wrong way. All the buckles and snaps have a protective pad, that keeps them from rubbing directly against your dog.

Pros

• Super tough
  • Great adjustability
  • Does not rub raw spots on your dog

Cons

• Not waterproof

EW.jpg
EW4-1.jpg

This K9 backpack was all I expected it to be and more. Out of the box, I put it on my Black Lab Zeus. It adjusted quickly and fit great. It took him a few days to get used to it, because it made him over twice as wide as he was used to. I would highly recommend getting your dog used to this new wider profile than he/she is used to, before heading out on trail.

The packs themselves are quite large. He was able to carry his own bowl and food for our weeklong trip. I especially like the handle on the top, between the packs. It made it super easy to grab him. If I had to help him up somewhere or over something.

This pack is way more durable than I thought it would be. The first day of real hiking, I was hoping that it would survive the entire week, because he managed to rub it on every tree and granite rock we passed. I thought for sure he would scrape holes in the front corners of the packs.

I waterproofed it before we left, but it still was not enough to keep all the water out. That said, a black lab, hiking in 80+ degree weather, upon finding water will, walk, wade, dive in or just lay down in it. All of his food was in zip-loc bags, so no harm done.

I am happy to report that after our weeklong trip and having been scraped against every rock and tree in the Emigrant Wilderness, and thrown around in the back of the truck, this pack is in excellent shape. No holes, scrapes or tears anywhere. I am super impressed with product and would have no problem recommending it to anyone.

Nice review, Karl! How far did you and Zeus hike on your trip?

Karl Snyder

About 60 miles or so, including our day hikes.

Sounds fun!