Mountainsmith Morrison Footprint

Q&A

Have a question about footprints? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

This footprint has grommets, clips, and loops on corner…

Summary

This footprint has grommets, clips, and loops on corner tabs. I would recommend to anyone wanting a fitted footprint.

Pros

• Waterproof rated at 2000 mm
  • Weight is 9 ounces
  • Has clips, grommets, and loops on corner tabs

Cons

• Same as all fitted footprints, a little pricey

Mountainsmith-Tent-015.jpg
I use this footprint on my Mountainsmith Upland 2 tent and it is a perfect fit. The footprint has clips and so does my rain fly so it attaches perfectly. The fly clips can be tightened or slacked out to assure it a custom fit on the tent. I use the grommets to attach to the tent poles themselves.

After I lay out the footprint and set up the tent minus fly I just place the tent on top of the footprint. Then on each corner I remove the tent pole one corner at a time and place the grommet of footprint onto the pole first, then hook the grommet from tent body onto the tent pole under the footprint grommet.

Do this to all four corners with the footprint attached and you will be able to pick up and move your tent with footprint attached. The loops are then used to stake down the tent.

Thanks for the review, KCcamps!