Native Eyewear Bomber
Current Retail: $58.73
Historic Range: $29.73-$119.00
Reviewers Paid: $60.00
Purchased a pair of Native Bombers online without ever trying them on. I have a large head and found them to fit well. I purchased a pair with Native's "Reflex" lenses. These are meant to be impact resistant.
Having worn them for a year in a variety of conditions, a few pros and cons:
- Full coverage — the size of the frames, lenses, and temples provide adequate coverage in all the conditions I used them in. They do very well at preventing air-flow to your eyes during bike rides.
- Rubber nose pieces — Held the glasses in place even on my sweatiest runs. Haven't developed a smell or lost effectiveness
- "Reflex" lenses — These have taken many small impacts and one large tree limb. There are zero notable scratches to the lenses, which is a very pleasant surprise. Clarity of the lenses is exceptional and they have very smooth polarization
- After a year and a tree-branch, I managed to snap the frames. They broke near a ventilation hole and where the lenses insert into the bottom of the frame. If there was a weak point in the construction this would be it. Considering the force of the impact and Native's $30 replacement warranty, I can't totally fault the company. But, it is still an obvious weak-point and not surprising that it failed there (minus .5 stars).
- The frames are a little large for my liking. This is entirely a style-related objection. I'm not deducting any stars for this. I'm just probably a bit out-of-date on my style.
Overall, these are excellent glasses for all outdoor activities. They stay put. Keep your vision clear. Provide excellent protection from large limbs.
I'll be buying from Native again (if I ever run out of the lifetime warranty).
Price Paid: $60