NEMO Fillo Elite Ultralite

photo: NEMO Fillo Elite Ultralite pillow

Price Current Retail: $44.95
Historic Range: $31.01-$44.95
Reviewers Paid: $30.00-$35.00

Excellent, super light pillow.

Pros

Cons

• Little support if you prefer a big pillow

Excellent, super light pillow. Designed to fit into the head sleeve of my Nemo Disco bag. Pretty comfortable for me as I don't require a ton of head support. Inflates and retains air well. So far, very pleased.

Price Paid: $30-ish

Thanks for the review, DWEST.

Decent pillow at a competitive price. Not thick enough for me.

Pros

Cons

• Not thick enough
  • Valve is a little tricky

After many years of backpacking with only a stuff sack for a pillow, I decided to pick up one for myself and my girlfriend. I went with the Nemo Fillo Elite. It's a good pillow that is holding up well so far, 11 nights in the field. It weighs in at 3 ounces on my scale and packs down small enough to basically be unnoticeable in a pack.

IMG_20171005_170209.jpg
I tested the pillow while at the store and it seemed like it would work well, as have many pieces of gear I have purchased over the years. Unfortunately when I began using it out on the trail it was just not thick enough for me. I found a work around by putting some extra clothes in a stuff sack underneath the pillow and it worked.

Sadly I just spent $35 and added 3 ounces to my pack for a slightly improved system. Live and learn.

Thanks for the review of your pillow, Jason. I hope the pillow/clothes system works out.

Steve Mullen INCENTIVIZED REVIEWER

Checkout my review of the Sea to Summit Aeros pillow it may work better for you.

g00se

Thanks for the review, Jason. After 10+ years, I just keep sticking with my stuff sack filled with a down jacket.

Arc'teryx Alpha SV Jacket Review