Nikon Coolpix AW 110
Nikon Coolpix AW110. Tough proof, great image quality and video. Small. When I'm out for a hike or xc ski even in the bitter cold, this sweetie just runs.
- Great image and video quality
- Never have to worry about waterproof integrity failing
- With a Stickpic, great for VBlogging
- Replacement battery reasonably priced
- Nice automatic no fuss exposure zones choices menu
- Door guard chipped off rendering the camera useless.
- Video button a bit clumsy
- No RAW
- No video view or control from Nikon APP on my smartphone
- No flip screen
Bought to vblog my goal of doing the End to End backpack trip on Vermont's Long Tail. Though not yet done, my 110AW is terrific on winter hikes, snowshoeing, and xcountry skiing outings. Super handy and fits in my shirt pocket, or slip it inside my hardshell to keep the battery warm.
I'm a guy with thick fingers so accessing the function buttons can be awkward when fingers are cold. The LCD screen blanks out in bright sun. Shows up pretty quick with the smartphone app though.
I see that many other hikers including long distance folk make good use of a flip screen, and wish this had one.
Caveat: the posts that guard the door, one broke, and compromised the seal, to the battery and card, water got in and damaged the camera. The camera was discontinued.
I'm a senior and have been shooting film since forever. I worked in copy photography and wet lab, for pre-press presentation/publication and so I'm always comfortable with a camera. It's nice not to have to lug around a DSLR when I'm out and about. My 110AW makes my outings much more enjoyable when I can plug the card into my Mac Mini and go through and edit my high res video the camera yields.
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: 280$ CDN