Northwest Territory Hiking Boot

rated 3.00 of 5 stars

The Hiking Boot has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best footwear for 2020.

photo: Northwest Territory Hiking Boot footwear product

Men's
Price Reviewers Paid: $40.00-$60.00
Women's
Price Reviewers Paid: $24.99-$30.00

Advertised as waterproof, they leak in through the soles! Used them only for a little over a month, the soles cracked, waste of money even at a cheap price.

Pros

• They look great, OK

Cons

• Beyond cheap quality!

Besides soles cracking after a month's usage, the inner lining began to come apart too.

Boot is not too comfortable initially, stiff rubber sole, perhaps why they cracked.

After just a winter, the heel has a hole where it's attached to the boot. I've had this boot before and it wore very well. A disappointment.

Pros

• Cheap

Cons

• Not made very well

Heel has a hole where it's attached to the leather, not waterproof anymore.

I had bought this product. Very unhappy. Only one or two months the bottom has blown out. Not all the way broke in. Don't waste your money

Pros

• None

Cons

• Don't hold up
  • Junk

Don't waste your money.

Price Paid: About 40

These are the worst boots I have had in 50 years of hiking. The rubber soles fell of of both boots during a 6-day backpacking trip in the Utah canyon country. They were only occasionally wet, and there is no excuse for this failure.

Needless to say, it is almost life threatening to have only camp shoes for backpacking out of a wilderness.

My rating is 0 stars.

Pros

• Cheap

Cons

• The rubber soles fall off

The glue between the rubber soles and thin rubber-like base that glues to the leather failed totally.

Welcome to Trailspace, Alan. I'm sorry to hear your boots failed so badly.

Best boots I've ever owned. Kept my feet warm and dry in Alaska, Minnesota, and now Oregon!

Wish I could find another pair like I have right now.

Pros

• Warm
  • Dry
  • Long-lasting

Cons

• :imited availability

Absolutely the BEST boots I've ever owned!

Source: First pair I bought new, this pair I finally found on Ebay and would love to have a spare!

Great for hiking in any kind of weather. Highly recommend this product.

Pros

• Excellent quality
  • Very durable
  • Truly waterproof

Cons

• Can't find anyone who sells them in the U.S.

I bought this product at Kmart in 1998 for $30. The boots have kept my feet warm and dry in even sub-freezing temps. Very good traction too, and the sole has hardly worn in 15 years of wear.

I bought these boots about 20 years ago or more. I belonged to a hiking club and went every week. They are a man's boot and I am a female, but thought I would have more choice. It is a unisex looking boot. They are still in perfect condition. Now I hike with the boy scout troop my son is in.

Pros

• Comfortable totally
  • Inexpensive

There is no more information I can say.

Price Paid: don't remember, probably under $30

Bought a pair of these in Dec. 09 and i have had soreness to heel and ankle area due to poor design of inner sock. i.e. the seam runs around the ankle and down the back of the heel. The boots are a strong lightweight construction with a good non slip sole and will last a long time, but i think comfort must come first when walking / hiking. Have a pair of HI TEC boots which are also waterproof and you don't realise you have them on, they are that comfortable.

Materials: Leather
Use: rough trail / long dog walks
Price Paid: £34

I bought a pair of Northwest Territory hiking boots way back in 1994 from K-mart and have worn them just about EVERY DAY since. I love them. They have held together great.

Only yesterday October 2009 did one of the shoelace eyelets break off. I wish that I could find another pair just like them.

Materials: Unknown
Use: Unknown

Avalondreamer

Hi, I just ran across this because I'm looking for a pair now, too. I love my NWT boots! Did you ever find them anywhere?