Warmer than I expected, tough and waterproof. I'm…

Summary

Warmer than I expected, tough and waterproof.

Pros

• Warm down to windchill of 7 degrees F while moving
  • Waterproof liner
  • Full leather palm
  • Nose wipe on thumb
  • Decently breathable
  • Good warmth to thickness
  • Thinsulate

Cons

• No squeegee for iced up goggles
  • Slightly small, order a larger size
  • Unnecessary velcro cuffs
  • Idiot strings might be helpful

I'm not in the habit of ordering things like boots or gloves online, but I already own another pair of Oakley gloves, which I like, so I decided to go ahead and try these.

The price was also right since I ordered these in August, a long way from the winter they were designed for.

The online reviews said to order a size larger. They were right. I sometimes wear a size medium and the large ones fit me perfectly.

IMG_20160830_101141077_HDR.jpg
I wanted a leather snow glove for climbing for the abrasion resistance.

IMG_20160830_101238735.jpg
The booger wiper on the thumb came in handy on Mt. Rainier. I wish it had a little rubber squeegee here for glasses goggles though.

IMG_20160830_101245653.jpg
This is picture is after crawling around on the Disappointment Cleaver and messing with ropes and ice axes.  Durability seems to be great so far. Still not rope-tow durable; get cheap leather work gloves for that.

IMG_20160830_101228514.jpg
The label doesn't need to be so gigantic.

FB_IMG_1472482757913.jpg
Climbing at 14,411 ft in 40-45mph winds with windchill at 7-9 degrees F these gloves were fine. No cold fingers but I was also working hard, creating a lot of body heat. I sweat a little in them climbing but didn't get chilled.  Just like all WPB gloves they take longer to dry out, but they kept me warm as they did.

I am very pleased.

Who should have these? If you want thin-ish very warm gloves that will keep you dry while resisting abrasion go get some of these.

Thanks for the review, Jeff. I agree about that logo, but otherwise it sounds like a decent glove, especially for the price.

The Oakley Factory Winter Glove is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 12, 2017 at Rocky Mountain Trail.

Six Moon Designs Minimalist Review