I used them in the Canadian Rockies while working…

Price Paid: Around 340 dollars

Pros

• Comfortable boot with an average break-in period
  • I've owned mine since 1994 and they have held up until lately when the rand is starting to pull away from the boot. That's 25 years later! Ya gotta look after your boots.

Cons

• Toe box is a bit small (sloapped) so my toes get cold easily.
  • No room for thicker wool socks, just makes it worse because of cramped up toes unable to move.

15461789308371390563806.jpg
Screenshot_20181008-190837.png

I used them in the Canadian Rockies while working on heli-portable seismic operations and they took a lot of abuse.

I did a really good goop job to all the seams and rand the same day I bought them and put the snow seal to them. Cleaned and re-snow sealed them every day I had a chance to. I had to get the rand repaired in a few spots, just lately (December 2018).

They are only used for light hiking these days, but have been very good to me.

Experience

Owned and have used them for 25 years.

Sounds like your boots have withstood some serious use, Aubrey! Thanks for the review and welcome to Trailspace.

p.s. If you have any pictures of your Moraines you'd be willing to share in your review we'd love to see them.

Nice pics. Thanks, Aubrey!

I sadly had to pitch my 18-year-old Moraines the other…

Summary

I sadly had to pitch my 18-year-old Moraines the other day. I resoled them twice. They took me to the Alps, Dolomites, Canadian Rockies, the Needles, the Tetons, Himalayas, Apalachians, the West Coast Trail, the list goes on.. Countless climbing adventures.

The rubber between the sole and the boot just disintegrated. Best hiking boots I have owned, they owed me nothing.

To the person who bought them in 2011, they were a 14 year old boot if the were branded One Sport.

Pros

• Dry
  • Bullet proof
  • Comfy

Cons

• A little heavy

First of all, these are the older One Sport boots,…

Price Paid: $129 on sale

First of all, these are the older One Sport boots, which I LOVED DEARLY, until the last hike when the sole (last and all) decided to separate from the upper! These boots have been my best friend on countless trails for years with ZERO blisters. 25 miles of High Sierras right out of the box.

Now I'm heart broken. My best friend may have to retire if I can't find someone to rebuild the bottoms. I think the ozone ate away the heel cups as the sole is still attached to it. Most everything I've read says the newer ones aren't as good. Better to stick with a sewn welt for serious hikes or suffer the same fate—at least I was only miles from my truck—or carry shoe goo!

End of the love affair!

rated 3.00 of 5 stars All Moraine versions

In addition to the 3 men's reviews above, there are 28 reviews for other versions of the Moraine. Read all reviews »