Q&A

Have a question about weekend? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

Love this pack! Combines quality, adjustability, and…

Price Paid: $267 CAD

Summary

Love this pack! Combines quality, adjustability, and functionality all while remaining super comfortable on.

Pros

• High quality construction
  • Great weight distribution

Cons

• Rain cover is not included

Spent a couple years searching for a comfortable pack for backcountry camping—this one is perfect. The suspension system allows a lot of customization, it feels weightless on, and there are SO many pockets which is great for staying organized (goodbye to additional storage sacks!).

There are tons of straps on this pack, which required some familiarization, but ultimately it just makes this pack so comfortable. You're able to really secure your load from every angle. I feel it holds 50L easily, plus the top portion is removable if you want to lighten it up. I have been able to stuff more than 50L within this pack.

According to Osprey's size chart I am a small (125lbs, 5'10"); however, when trying on in store, small was awkwardly sized. I purchased medium in order to have the correct length. Highly recommend! It's lighter than most competitors and is well worth the price, especially with the Osprey guarantee.

Welcome to Trailspace, Dayna! Thanks for sharing a review of your Osprey.

I love this pack. It's so comfortable. It feels like…

Summary

I love this pack. It's so comfortable. It feels like I am carrying 10 lbs less than what I am carrying. I've had always had back problems since giving birth, but with this pack's suspension my back is in heaven.

Pros

• Excellent suspension
  • Lots of compression straps
  • Beautiful color (silver with purple)

Cons

• Heavier than ultralight options
  • No sleeping pad cords
  • No rain cover included

I've had always had back problems since giving birth, but with this pack's suspension my back is in heaven. The shoulder straps are very cushioning. I took this backpack on an overnight trip, hiking about eight miles to a campsite and it worked like a champ.

The capacity is accurate. I was able to carry my tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, clothes, and food. This backpack is made with very durable materials. So it's worth the money.

Welcome to Trailspace, Cristina! Thanks for the review of your Osprey.

1 year ago

Fits perfectly, the mesh back lining really takes…

Summary

Fits perfectly, the mesh back lining really takes the weight off my shoulders.

Pros

• Design

Cons

• No rain jacket with the pack

This fits well, rides on my hips just like it should, and can carry all of my things for a weeklong hike.