The Osprey Poco AG offers a fabulous child carrier.

Summary

The Osprey Poco AG offers a fabulous child carrier. Osprey incorporates its super comfortable suspension system with ventilated back panel, hipbelt, and shoulder straps. Many features make this a highly coveted child carrier.

Pros

• Superb carrier suspension system
  • Comfortable padded child compartment
  • Reliably sturdy “kickstand”
  • Big brand pack technology
  • Well-designed child retention harness
  • Durable materials throughout
  • Removable, washable drool pad
  • Integrated retractable sunshade with dedicated zippered sleeve
  • Simple "fold flat" roll cage operation

Cons

• Non-zippered mesh hipbelt pockets
  • Limited storage for serious excursions

92D3CFA9-6A19-4B6A-95C0-11DFF369A5D8.jpg

With my growing quiver of active grandchildren born to my adventurous children, I decide to purchase a few child carriers. The Osprey Poco AG was my first purchase this past December. There are several models in the Osprey child carrier line. I opted for the entry level pack, which in hindsight, I regret not moving higher up the line that offered more storage. I will add, purchasing online, sight unseen is unwise in this category (which I did for both child carriers I bought from two different manufacturers).
6AA07C30-61EB-4D9B-8428-C8D356F7EF82.jpg

32E5F9AE-F2B8-4BA5-A698-93E2D00394DD.jpg

What I did like:

• Breathable, mesh fabric backpanel, hipbelt and shoulder straps are incredibly comfortable
  • Child compartment is sufficiently padded, with a narrower padded seat area which garnered less complaints from the little ones on long hauls. *Another manufacturer's child carrier had a wider child seat which caused discomfort with infants during long stints possibly causing their legs to fall asleep (the little ones couldn’t articulate the area of discomfort)
  • Child harness is simple and doesn’t get lost under the child so you don’t have to dig for them after placing the child in the pack.
  • Side "roll bars" simply insert into a small sleeve and secures with a snap buckle. Folding the pack reverses the "tool bar" process where the "roll bar" staves secure down to the side. Simple procedure.
  • Kickstand support detents positively into open or closed positions.
  • Removable, washable padded drool pad
  • Sunshade deploys rapidly for excellent coverage
    D552EA63-B7D7-4720-A766-01989F402883.jpg

CB53E298-D94C-4B86-96A6-531B6F8C015C.jpg

What I would change if I could:

• I would ditch the mesh hipbelt sleeves and add large zippered pockets
  • I would like to see child carrier manufacturers not only include an integrated sunshade, but also a rain cover. It’s an accessory that I did purchase, but reputable pack companies include rain covers with their backpacks...so why not include them.
  • Include a water bottle sleeve for easy access
    85435F2E-8730-4EE3-82F1-364A24DE2BBE.jpg

Final Thoughts:

The Osprey Poco AG is a delightfully comfortable pack to carry your precious cargo, thanks to their easily adjustable Anti-Gravity Suspension! Some of my desires for more storage pockets is remedied by higher models in the Poco line. Materials used are the same durable fabrics used on all their packs, yet soft padded materials are employed wherever it may come in contact with the child.

These child carriers aren’t cheap. You must look at them as a great investment with an even greater return! I highly recommend the Osprey Poco line!

Experience

I’ve had opportunity to use the Osprey Poco AG for the past five months carrying two of my grandchildren around parks, neighborhoods, shopping malls, and multiple-hour hiking trails...where its suspension system shines!

Thanks for another helpful review of a child carrier, CY. Enjoy the time with your grandchildren!

CY6TacticalSolutions.com INCENTIVIZED REVIEWER

Thank you! Cultivating a love and passion for outdoor adventures within my grandchildren is as important to me as it was with my children.