Reviewers Paid: $27.50
Best solo tent on a poor man's budget.
- Very good materials and workmanship
- Spacious interior and vestibule
- At $27.50 it's a steal
- Silnylon rain fly that's seam taped
- Weighs 3.2 lbs. on the trail
- Zipper is not YKK quality; take care
- Aluminum poles are not DAC quality; take care
It's just as described and I'm impressed with the materials and the workmanship. The seams are all double-stitched and at 12 per inch on the zippers where there's the most stress. Seams on the tub floor and silnylon fly are sealed with seam tape to assure they're waterproof. The fabrics compare to my Mountain Hardwear Drifter 2 tent. The aluminum poles are usable, but appear to be lesser quality and care should be taken with them.
As with all two pole dome type tents it's quick and easy to set up. Being 34" wide at the top there's plenty of room for gear inside as well as the vestibule. There are enough guy points that this tent could be staked out to withstand a blustery Norwester. At just over 3 lbs. the carry weight is a bit more than half of my Drifter 2, so it's what I'll use backpacking solo.
Such a good buy at half price that I bought two. At $27.50 it rivals tents five to ten times the price. Hurrah Walmart for making it possible for the poortramps to go light!!!
There is an even lighter 1-man tent for $27.49 that weighs less than 2.7 lbs on the trail. The main differences are it has a seam sewn silnylon floor (not bathtub), smaller floor dimension, and is a 1.5 pole design.
Ozark Trail Backpacking Tent with Vestibule, Sleeps 1:
- Carry weight: 3.21 lbs
- Minimum trail weight (includes tent, fly and poles only): 2.74 lbs
- Easy to pitch for quick set up
- Lightweight aluminum frame and stakes
- Poles: two 8.5mm aluminum
- Floor dimensions: 87" x 34"
- Center height: 34"
- Floor area: 18.13 sq ft
- Vestibule area: 6.04 with 3.02 sq ft
- Fly material: durable 1500mm 15Dx15D nylon Rip-Stop solid silicone fly
- Tent body: breathable 75D 190T poly taffeta and honey comb mesh
- Floor material: rugged 1500mm 70D 190T nylon taffeta floor
- Sleeps 1 person
- Seasons: 3
- Taped seams on fly and tub floor provide excellent weather protection
- Doors: 1
- Vestibules: 1
- 1 organizer pocket for storing small items
- Convenient to carry stuff sack measures 19.5" x 4.75" x 4.75"
- Average set up time: 5 minutes
- For product questions, replacement parts or an extra copy of the set up instructions, please contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-325-4121.
- Model# W785.1
Get 'em while you can, man.
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $27.50 (bought two)