Packit Gourmet Trailside Black Bean and Cheese Burrito

Another affordable, filling, easy to make meal from…

Summary

Another affordable, filling, easy to make meal from Packit Gourmet. I haven't had a single thing from them that I've been disappointed with. Always full of flavor without the giant dose of sodium like many competitors.

Pros

• Very filling
  • Easy prep
  • Tasty!

Cons

• Don't forget to pack tortillas
  • More packaging than needed
  • 20 minute prep time

Taste: I was expecting a fairly bland burrito but was pleasantly surprised to find some good flavors hiding inside. Lots of onion, cumin, and garlic pop. I chose to heat it up with some hot sauce I brought along as well as a small packet of sour cream. This was a nice change from eating out of a bag for lunch.

Prep: I chose the hot prep, which was very simple, boil a bit over half a cup of water, drop in the bag, wait 20 minutes, fill two burrito-sized tortillas and add green chili sauce. I opted to bring along a Packit of sour cream and some tomatillo hot sauce to bring it over the top. I will absolutely buy these again.

Satiety: I like lighter lunches so I would split this for lunch or eat it all for dinner.

Energy: This is fairly hearty for what it is and fueled me well for the rest of the day's hike.

Claims: See below for nutritional values. I appreciate the low sodium in Packit foods.

Packaging: Clear cook-in bag with two internal pouches, one with green chili salsa the other with dry ingredients. Instructions are thick paper that can work as a plate or fire starter.

Best for: Anyone looking for a fast and light meal that's different than most you'll find on the shelf.

Great review, Cort! People seem pretty happy with their Packit Gourmet meals.

denis daly

Cort did you pan fry the torts like you did with the Pizza margarita wraps? iam about to order this and that

Cort

I sure did, that’s the only way to fly!

The Packit Gourmet Trailside Black Bean and Cheese Burrito is not available from the stores we monitor.

Keen Targhee Vent Mid Review