Patagonia Rubicon Rider Jacket

Price MSRP: $249.00
Historic Range: $62.25-$299.00
Weight 41.3 oz / 1171 g
Shell Fabric 2.4 oz 100% Polyester Ripstop / Deluge® DWR Finish
Reinforcement Fabric 2 Layer, 5.6 oz 150-Denier 100% Polyester Waterproof/Breathable H2No® Barrier / Deluge® DWR Finish
Lining / Powder Skirt Fabric 2 oz 100% Polyester Plain Weave Insulation: 150 g Thermogreen® 100% Polyester, 90% Recycled
Women's
Price MSRP: $249.00
Historic Range: $68.75-$299.00
Weight 34.7 oz / 984 g
Shell Fabric 2.4 oz 100% Polyester Ripstop / Deluge® DWR Finish
Reinforcement Fabric 2 Layer, 5 oz 150-Denier 100% Polyester, Waterproof/Breathable H2No® Barrier / Deluge DWR Finish
Lining / Powder Skirt Fabric 2 oz 100% Polyester Plain Weave
Insulation 150 g Thermogreen® 100% Polyester, 90% Recycled

I've owned and used the Rubicon Rider for going on two seasons now and it has yet to let me down in the slightest.

It is, first and foremost, a snowboarding jacket and in this arena it performs beautifully. The sleeve length is awesome for a tall girl and there is awesome freedom of motion without things riding up or bunching. I love the hardshell reinforcements, especially on the elbows. All in all, it serves its purpose.

However, I also use this as my go-to winter jacket in the deep freeze that is a Chicago winter. I layer with a 200-300 fleece and I do just fine (while everyone else is swathed in uni-purpose down). It's pretty smart-looking too!

Only drawback is: the hood is HUGE. I know it's helmet compatible but I never pull a hood on over my helmet, I find it redundant and impairing. I could, however, use a hood while out walking the dog or on the lift when just a beanie will not do. Even cinched down, it falls over my eyes and blinds me.

But overall, great, great piece that serves two purposes at a relatively low price point.

Fabric: Polyester with DWR
Fill: recycled polyester fiber fill