Pendleton Trail Shirt

photo: Pendleton Trail Shirt hiking shirt

Price Current Retail: $84.99-$118.99
Historic Range: $65.32-$118.99
Reviewers Paid: $95.00

One of my best purchases ever, technical or not! This wool shirt has been on many explorations, hikes, and mountain bike rides. It's warmer than it looks, but never clammy thanks to the natural fibers.

Pros

• Quality wool material
  • Breathability and warmth
  • Classic mountain style

Cons

• Unsure about cleaning... so I haven't. Say it's "washable," but I've seen a handful of these that look wrecked from regular washing.

The overall fit of Pendleton seems athletic, meaning room to move. Definitely not fitted. But not baggy either, as some of their vintage shirts are.

The material and design are the real standouts here. The wool material is not too thin, not too thick. I don't find it itchy. And I especially like that it's 100% wool, so I'm not shedding a breadcrumbs-trail of plastic fibers along the trail.

I originally bought it with light duty in mind. But I soon realized that it's great for just about everything. I've competed in mountain bike races in it. And worn it for trail maintenance days in the forest. It's been a wool midlayer. In cooler weather, I wear a merino LS shirt underneath. If really cold, I can put a wool zip-up over that.

Experience

One of my favorites—worn once a week for the past 5 years. Worn on adventures. Worn to work. Worn out to dinner. I now own three newer Pendleton shirts.

Patagonia Fitz Roy 30° Review