PMI Max-Wear Sport 11mm
Historic Range: $0.85
This is a tough rope. One of the longest lasting ropes on the market. Doesn't work well with certain devices like ATC's or Petzl Stop. Very resistant to abrasion, good for jugging.
- Stiff, ascenders slide well
- Abrasion resistant, less sheath fuzzing
- Sheath not as smooth/quiet as others
- Stiff, doesn't pack down well in bag
- Stiff, device compatibility and device wear
I have used these ropes for the past 9 years for cave exploration. Good quality and last longer than other ropes. It takes more abrasion and doesn't burn as easily during fast rappels. A good buy if you need a tough rope.
Source: I have acquired many of these, some new, some old. My friends use them as well.