Rab Zero G Jacket

Fit Regular
Weight 310 g / 11 oz
Fabric Outer Pertex Quantum,DWR 80/20,1cc,22g/m²,10d/10d,100% nylon 6
Insulation 1000FP R.D.S. Certified European Goose Down:,130g / 4.5oz size L

I have purchased the Rab Zero G Jacket and I believe it is superior to other coats. The Rab coat has a higher down filling rating and the fabric is soft to the skin.  Compared to the Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer the Zero G has more fluffiness. Both coats are rare because the way the sleeves were made differ than most coats. These two previously mentioned coats have angel wing sewing at an angle connecting to the torso part of the sleeves rather than sewn straight at an 180-degree like most coats.

My only concern with the Rab Zero G is the way the hood fits. Most of the time I wear a Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer underneath the Rab coat. The Mountain Hardwear hood fits more snugly and comfortably around my head and the Mountain Hardwear's Ghost Whisperer is a lighter coat and fits nicely underneath the Rab Zero G. I wear a size small Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer underneath an extra-large Rab Zero G Jacket.

Some people may be turned off by the cost of the Rab Zero G which sells for 500 to 550 dollars new with tags. I do not like cold weather and cannot afford to move to Florida or take vacations to a warmer climate. In conclusion I believe that the Rab Zero G is an excellent coat.

Source: bought it used