Regatta Topout Jacket

rated 2.5 of 5 stars
photo: Regatta Topout Jacket waterproof jacket

Great jacket for the price. Only suitable for fair weather.

Pros

• Very comfortable

Cons

• Waterproofness gives out after few hours in persistent rain

Bought this jacket from Regatta's online discount outlet store. The RRP is £80 but it was bought for £19.95.

I needed a new jacket and was on a budget. So this fit the bill. The jacket has a lot of good features. The hood, zips and underarm zips for ventilation are great. It's incredibly comfortable for scrambling with its stretch material. Can also layer up with this jacket, I can wear a base layer, fleece and mid layer down jacket underneath and still be comfortable.

My only gripe with the jacket is its waterproof ability. The material is Regatta's Isotex 15000.

Description from their site about the material:

Isotex 15000 stretch is an enhanced waterproof, breathable and windproof fabric.

Waterproof hydrostatic head of 15000mm30% more breathable than standard IsotexActive fit stretch yarns for greater comfort and movementHydrophilic breathable system allows inner moisture vapour to escapeDurable Water Repellent outer fabric treatment to help water run off.Superior windproof performance to eliminate windchill.

I recently used this jacket on a scramble and hike in Wales. It was a very wet day. After consistent rain and wind I eventually got soaked right through after about four hours. I did stay relatively warm as the jacket did keep the wind chill off.

I'm not knocking this jacket for the price. It's performed well. I will be investing in a more expensive jacket for winter months. Will definitely still use this jacket in summer months. I would also recommend it to anyone on a budget who is only going outdoors during the summer and milder months.

13912919_10210020383689923_7554971311821

Price Paid: £19.95

Welcome to Trailspace, Allan. I'd love to hike in Wales someday! Do you have any pictures of your jacket you could add to your review to show others?

Allan Evans

Hi Alicia, thanks :) will be adding some more reviews when I get chance. If you do visit Wales I highly recommend the north ridge ascent of Tryfan. Really fun scramble with some great features. Sorry for missing the pic out seen its since been added. (It's also in my profile pic now)

Nice! Thanks for the recommendation too, Allan!

How to Get Outside and Recreate Responsibly this Winter