Schrade Tough Tool ST3CP

This product can best be utilized by someone stuck…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Marlboro)

Summary

This product can best be utilized by someone stuck out on the trail. The Schrade multi tool has the equipment to get a hiker out of trouble.

Pros

• Contains compass for direction as well as signal, fire and cutting necessities
  • Compact for the number of tools it provides.

Cons

• I found it to be rather heavy and bulky to carry on my belt.
  • I don't think the red laser light travels far enough to signal a plane.

SCHST175-1-.jpg

mY7YdNsxRnVPOc1Y5cQgwyQ-1-.jpg

I love that it has a compartment for a lighter that keeps the lighter out of the weather. I have been impressed with the ability of the small saw. The knife is not the best, but it would do if in a jam I suppose.

The fact that it holds all of the needed emergency tools in one is a great feature. It has a signal mirror, compass, laser light, lighter compartment, knife, scissors, saw, phillips screw driver, flat head screw driver, bottle opener, corkscrew, whistle and belt clip.

I have had the multi tool for approximately 15 years and nothing has broken. Admittedly, I have not had an emergency situation so I have not had to rely on the emergency equipment, but I have tested it out several times and it has worked well each time.

Thanks for the review, Amy. I'd be curious to see some pictures of your multi-tool and its features in your review.