Sea to Summit X-Set 11

photo: Sea to Summit X-Set 11 cookware

Price Current Retail: $59.95-$59.99
Historic Range: $59.95-$79.95
Reviewers Paid: $55.00

Love this setup! Super compact, lightweight, and perfect…

Summary

Love this setup! Super compact, lightweight, and perfect for two hikers needing to make simple meals or who just need to heat water for dehydrated bag meals.

Pros

• Lightweight 11.7 oz
  • Clear pot lid so you don’t have to lift the lid to see if water is boiling
  • Two handles make it super easy to pour hot water out of the teapot spout
  • No burning my mouth on the silicone collapsible cup
  • Measurements on the pot and the cups (measurements inside on the cup/outside on the pot)
  • Also, easy to wipe out clean

Cons

• Feels like it takes longer to boil water
  • I don’t feel comfortable putting it on a wood fire, and I feel like I watch it more than my regular titanium pot (that will probably change in time)
  • $54 is a little expensive, but I think it will be worth it
  • Using a metal spoon on the bottom of the pot caused some scratches in my buddy’s pot
  • Hard to see measurements on the pot since they are on the outside, unless you are looking at the pot in just the right light

I gave this cookset 4.5 stars because I feel there is always room to improve on something. It’s a great product and as of yet I don’t have anything better or really negative to say about other than I will miss my titanium coffee cup with its Hot Lips and being able to throw it on a fire and heat something.

But for lighter backpacking and not needing to cook a full gourmet meal, this works great!

Experience

I normally hike with more of a traditional heavier cookset—pan, plate, pot, and cup. We eat well in the woods!

Welcome to Trailspace, Jennifer! Thanks for sharing your first review with us.