I purchased this tent due to my Diamond Brand Mountain…

Design: three season free standing dome
Ease of Setup: very easy
Weight: 5lbs. 2ozs.

I purchased this tent due to my Diamond Brand Mountain Home being sent away for repairs. I really needed a tent so I visited the local Appalachian Outfitters in Peninsula and after discussing my need for a good three season tent I decided on the Cosmos.

I can't really say anything bad about this tent other than for the price, Sierra Designs was too cheap to include either a pole sack or sack for the tent stakes, which I had to purchase additionally along with the tent. This I found strange due to the fact all other tents I purchased included all the sacks and stakes.

The tent perfomed well for a three-season model, keeping rain and moisture at bay. Venting could of been better if Sierra Designs placed the mesh on top of the tent body, not on the sides, so you really got that hot sticky feeling on those humid Ohio nights. Plus my other gripe was there is no nylon panels to close up the door if the weather got a little cool. Plus that saggy nylon rainfly!

But I have to say the Cosmos was light and packed into a compact bundle for carrying in a backpack. I eventually replaced the Cosmos for my current three season tent, my ALPS Taurus 2AL, which I like better.

The Cosmos has been discontinued.

The Sierra Designs Cosmos is not available from the stores we monitor.

Swiftwick Pursuit Four Sock Review