SOG Seal Team Elite
Historic Range: $107.99-$113.99
7 in x .24 in
Although sold as a tactical blade because of its serrated edge, this makes a great bush crafting knife for camp use. It is made of AUS-8 stainless and can be used in any environment. It has been heat treated and low temperature treated to become the tough, edge holding ultra knife.
It is coated in black to avoid reflections and shed chemicals. It is a hollow grind to become shaving sharp. It is easy to sharpen with a diamond rod or just strop using white rouge on a piece of leather.
- Physically bullet proof
- Holds an edge and doesn't need sharpening in the field
- Cuts rope better than a non-serrated knife
- Has three separate spine curves for scraping tasks
- Has a piercing clipped point for processing small game
- Doesn't slip in the hand as the scales are waterproof
- It is a rugged knife, not for the beginner
This knife has run the gamut of all uses. It performs admirably in every scenario. I have both the standard nylon sheath and the KYDEX sheath, to which I've added a custom ferro rod holder. I am partial to the KYDEX sheath.
This is a knife for the ages. It performs every task well, no matter the environment. I've also used this and compared it to my titanium dive knife... it wins, hands down at the same price point.
I've had it for about three years now and can't imagine not having it at my side.
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: With the nylon sheath, $125 + tax