Tentsile Flite+ Tree Tent

Two-person tree tent with screening and fly with a…

Summary

Two-person tree tent with screening and fly with a cross brace for extra headroom.

Pros

• One sleep solution no pad needed
  • Not a bad weight, fits in one bag
  • Nice room, can hang gear
  • Gets off the ground from nighttime creatures

Cons

• Risks not finding three anchor points
  • No warmth of a traditional tent

I used this tent for the first time on a two-day canoe trip in the s. N.J. Pine Barrens. It was the perfect size and didn't require any additional sleep pad, a huge advantage.

I'm 6'2" and 215 lbs. I had no issue fitting. Not sure I would sleep with two people, but did lie in it with my son who is just as tall as me. No sag and held just fine. I do not like sleeping in hammocks and this has a very different feel.

I set this tent up for the first time with no issue. You might want to read the manual as there are some useful tips and special knots.

Sleeping, the first night was good. Tent was level (VERY important), found a perfect spot (very important to locate anchor points). The ties can go a good distance and plenty of extra. I was in a wooded area so no real concern.

The fly ties down nice, but instructions are not real clear. It's great you can hang your gear and get from your tent if needed.

The one caution I would add is on night two I froze.Temp dropped to 40 at night and with no really good sleeping bag with me and no insulation below, the tent got very very cold and I'm pretty hardy. Also tent was off level a bit and I kept sliding to one side even with the divider.

Overall I loved this tent, however it would give me pause to use as the "only" option if I didn't know the area well.  Finding anchor ties would always be a concern if only option is camping in a meadow/field/edge of the woods where three points would be a challenge.

20170520_173444.jpg
20170520_172659.jpg

Thanks for the review and pictures, marino.tom! I hope you'll keep us posted on how the Flite+ continues to work out for you.

ronrude

do you think it would be OK staked on the ground? Looks like it should.

Mike Mineart

Hi marino.tom, nice review. Did you happen to take any pictures you could share showing the inside and how people would be kept apart when two people are using the tent? Also, how is getting in and out of the tent?

marino.tom@gmail.com

I didn't try just laying it on the ground. The fly would be very hard to use. If you stake it I imagine it would be functional.

marino.tom@gmail.com

As for entering and exit, it's pretty easy depending on height. Has a door on both sides. Fly provides a kind of "porch". Also can sit on the edge and put shoes on. very functional.