Tentsmiths Forester Tent

Very poor customer service. Tent loops too small.

Summary

Very poor customer service. Tent loops too small.

Pros

• I like the style.
  • I like the quality of the materials.
  • I will be able to use it once I enlarge the loops myself.

Cons

• The loops are too small. The customer assistance after purchase is non-existent.

forester-with-dowel-rods.jpg
The tent's loops are too small to use a large enough (i.e. strong enough) stick/branch to support the tent. I have asked repeatedly what type of pole is intended and Deborah passes my email to Peter who never responds.

There is no real photo of this tent in use, only a drawing that I tried to emulate, without any success due to the loops being about 2-3 sizes too small. The end effect is that the top of the tent sags, which then causes water to collect on the sides, and the tent looks very sad and dirty.

I am going to try power washing it, cutting the top loops, adding canvas to the loops to make them bigger, and then resetting it.

You can see in the first photo (the successful setup) how small the sticks have to be to fit. That was taken before the rain. Then it poured while I was away for a week. I came back to a huge saggy mess because the ridgepole was practically a U-shape. I cannot find photo of this. Then I tried dowel rods. You can see where the connection fails. But those are the largest dowels I could use; they fit snuggly in the loops.

Experience

I have purchased two of their other tents, which I have not attempted to set up yet. (I purchases all three at the same time.) I hope those experiences will be better.

Welcome to Trailspace, Stacey! This sounds frustrating. I'm curious about this tent and your experience. If you have some pictures of it (once set up), those would be great to see in your review. I hope you'll update us on how it works out. Good luck!

Stacey Bogart

I do have some photos but I can't seem to find the way to post them! : ) (or where to properly reply to your reply.)

Hi Stacey, If you 1) click the yellow button above or below your review to "Edit this review" you can then 2) click on the image icon (a little green tree to insert/edit image) add 3) images to the review body. I hope that helps!

Thanks for the pictures!