The North Face Denali Vest

The Denali Vest has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best fleece vests for 2020.

photo: The North Face Denali Vest fleece vest

Men's
Price Historic Range: $64.98-$130.00
Reviewers Paid: $69.00-$120.00
Women's
Price Historic Range: $30.00-$125.00

One of my better vests, I usually go to if I want to wear a vest even though I have other vests. Does what it needs to do very well.

Pros

• Many pockets that are placed in the right spots

Cons

• Wind goes through it, but can be stopped with a light shell

Got it in size XXL. Had to send it in for worn out zipper pulls, but that was after many years of use. I only had to pay postage to send it back to the mothership North Face manufacturer. Repairs are free.

Welcome to Trailspace, Louis. Got any pictures of your Denali Vest you could share in your review?

I bought this vest on sale in '99 and in a large but should have got it in a medium. I'm 5'6" and it hangs too long. To this day I wish I would have purchased the grey/blk denali jacket. I have the all-black so it shows all the attracked fuzzes. The vest keeps me very warm but my arms remain cold. I've worn it zipped inside my TNF Mountain Light Jacket many times and have never had a problem trying to stay warm. My arms may have not been as warm but the mobility received from not having sleeves increased. Really all not that big of a deal.

The insert zipper broke off my Mountain Light so now I just wear the vest as a layering two piece.

I just purchased the Marmot McCloud fleece jacket two weeks ago so I might discard the Denali Vest.

Fabric: 300 Fleece

This has been the best fleece I've owned in my life! It keeps me warm and dry. I wear mine every day.

Fabric: recycled series polartec 300 fleece

The Denali Vest worked perfect during my climb at Mt. Pulag, Philippines. It's ideal for keeping me warm in the not so cold mountains of the tropics.

Fabric: recycled series polartec 300 fleece