The North Face Middle Triple Jacket

rated 4.50 of 5 stars

The Middle Triple Jacket has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best waterproof jackets for 2020.

(no Gender)
Price Reviewers Paid: $300.00
Men's
Price Reviewers Paid: $89.99

I was looking for a 3 ply GT shell for snowmobiling and hit pay dirt at the TNF outlet store in Bend, Oregon. After combing through all the overpriced XCR and low tech 2 ply, I found this little gem mixed in with some other jackets. I was looking for a large size but the Middle Triple medium is cut so big it fit me fine, even with base-fleece layers. Marked down to $148 plus a 40% sale discount- $89.99! woo-hoo!

Fabric: gore tex (3 ply)

Roomy for its listed size, light, long, and basic with few pockets. The core vents do not work as well as pit zips but the underarm is less bulky. I like mine for all the reasons above.

Fabric: GTEX
Price Paid: on sale

The jacket is true to its word in terms of what it should be and what it should do. I got the opportunity to test it in a storm, and it does keep you dry inside despite being in a very wet environment. It is also lightweight and easy to dry. I dipped it in a river to wash mud away and stored it in my backpack wet. When we were trekking down near the rendezvous point, I wore it for awhile under gray skies and still, it dried up in less than an hour. It's a great shell, and I recommend it.

Alexis Cabel (Ayala Mountaineers)

Fabric: 3ply Nylon Laminated Goretex