Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Mini Pump

The NeoAir Mini Pump has been discontinued. It was replaced by the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Micro Pump.

photo: Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Mini Pump sleeping pad accessory

Price Historic Range: $23.98-$39.95
Reviewers Paid: $40.00-$130.00

Weighs only 2.5oz with two AAA batteries. Inflates my large XTherm moisture free, to a perfect sleeping density in two minutes flat. About the size of a D battery with a very simple design. No more huffing and puffing while avoiding filling my expensive air mat with moisture which will take its toll over time.

Pros

• Simple design
  • Small and sleek
  • Comfort item
  • Preserves air mat
  • Assists starting fire with the fan

Cons

• None

Been using this for the last year now. I'm going ultralight and counting ounces, but still pack this because of its small size, light weight, and energy it conserves after a long day of hiking.

Basically lay out your air mat, open lid, and the fan turns on. Pull out the rubber nozzle and slide it all the way over your open valve. Make sure it's open with your breath if you aren't familiar with your gear. Lay it flat and go finish fluffing your sleeping bag or filling your water bladder. You have 2-3 minutes and it's done.

The dreaded blowing and blowing is no longer an issue. Since you're not blowing moisture in via mouth, you preserve the integrity of the insulation for years to come. I've heard horror stories about mold etc.

It can be used as a fan to help with fire starting or bringing a smoldering fire back to life. The batteries could be used in my headlamp as well, or I could switch them back and forth if I wanted to shave 3/4oz for two AAA batteries.

My full load for a week long trip including food is around 20lbs, and although every ounce counts, I choose to bring this little miracle every time.

Source: received it as a personal gift

As a lifelong user and fan, I will no longer buy any of the Therm-a-Rest products or those of its parent Cascade Designs.

Pros

• Good product

Cons

• Terrible customer care

As a lifelong user and fan, I will no longer buy any of the Therm-a-rest products or those of its parent Cascade Designs. Why? They used to stand behind their goods and when one of their top-end pads ($130 in 2018) needed a replacement filler, they simply said we no longer carry that.

Well, when you sell many thousands of a product, you would expect some better consideration of the life of a product for their value customers. As a Scout Leader, you can bet I will recommend a different product.

Dani, what TAR pad failed on you (so we can put your review under the correct product info)? Do you have any pictures of it you can share in your review? Also, I've generally heard good things about MSR's customer service. Did they offer you any options for repairing or replacing your pad? Good luck! https://www.thermarest.com/warranty.html

1 day ago

Lightweight, compact, great for air core mattresses when you have breathing issues.

• Compact

Cons

• None

I picked this up when I picked up my Air Core mattress for winter camping. I have asthma and dreaded blowing it up by mouth. This performs great. All you do is start it and work on setting up everything else and come back and the mattress is filled.

Final Days: Review Your Gear to Win Kora Wool Layers