Timberland White Ledge Mid Waterproof - Men's

This boot is perfect for the outdoors and heavy-duty.

Summary

This boot is perfect for the outdoors and heavy-duty. The weight alone is quality. Love the finish and attention to detail with these. I want to rough these up to see the durability in the wild. Timberland has been a top notch brand for years and years. This is just another gem in the collection.

Pros

• Good grip
  • Nice material finish

Cons

• Haven't seen any yet.

Comfort level on this is up there. The weight of these while walking is something you can get used to. Any terrain works well with these boots.

Water glides off these shoes which is good. These boots will keep your feet dry while keeping cold temps out.

Over time the wear and tear will show, but the quality will be there for the long run.

Experience

Fairly new experience with this product. Need more hours in the boots, but everything seems to check out so far.

Comfortable and durable boot with average grip. I…

Price Paid: $65 USD

Summary

Comfortable and durable boot with average grip.

Pros

• Waterproof

Cons

• Heavy
  • Can get rather hot
  • Lacking in traction

I used these boots on and off for about five years for hiking in different environments ranging from well maintained trails to harsh desert bushwacking. The uppers are pretty durable and waterproof. The outsole tends to accumulate a lot of mud though, and even when dry, I struggled getting grip in loose dirt. Slick rock was also a problem, especially when wet.

Waterproofing is great, never had any water come in until the midsole started delaminating after five years of rough use. The upper is also very supportive and I've always loved this style of boot lacing with the quick lacing hooks.

The inside is very well padded and comfortable. This also means they can get pretty hot in warm climates, but this is something I learned to live with before I started using trail running shoes for hiking.

These would be a great work boot, but I wouldn't get another pair for hiking. Still, they took me to a lot of places and kept on trucking, so I'm pretty pleased and I feel I got my money's worth out of these. As a rugged option these are great if you're on a tight budget, but I wouldn't use them on highly technical terrain.

Thanks for the helpful review, Roberto!

This was my first pair of hiking boots, bought in…

Materials: Leather; Gore-tex
Use: weekend hikes; day hikes
Break-in Period: one long weekend of hiking

This was my first pair of hiking boots, bought in a frenetic attempt to secure last minute supplies before a campout. The boots work alright, but the heel dips in such a way that it rubs uncomfortably on my Achilles' tendon.

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All White Ledge Mid Waterproof versions

In addition to the 3 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the White Ledge Mid Waterproof. Read all reviews »