Toaks Titanium 450ml Cup

Reviewers Paid: $17.00-$24.00
Weight 2.7 oz / 76 g
Capacity 15.2 fl oz / 450 ml
Material Titanium

Good enough for the girls I go with. Not a Snow Peak, but the price isn't either.

Pros

• It's a single walled Ti mug so...
  • Light
  • Pretty durable
  • No SS taste or nasty toxins

Cons

• Too much flex?
  • Not 450ml true capacity
  • No graduation marks

This mug has been in daily use since January 2017 and has been serving me well.

My first impression when I pulled it out of the box, and for whatever reason squeezed the mug, was it seemed more flexible than I remember the Snow Peak mugs being.

The next thing I noticed was 450ml really means around 420ml, but the rolled lip makes it very hard to move it around full so somewhere around 375-400ml is about what it holds. Which immediately made me regret not getting the 550ml but now after a few months I am content with the 450ml.

Even with those negative aspects I love this mug and see it being part of my daily life for a long time. I wish it had markings to measure water more accurately and recently the handles have started to go a little wonky on me. Sometimes they won't be lined up perfectly, but like I said, I am using this mug daily, usually 5-15 cups of coffee.

I will update this review if it ever fails me or I replace it.

g00se

Thanks for the review. Can you elaborate on the context of "daily use?" Are you using this in the office or out in the field?

Colorado Minimalist

I live full time basically car camping so a mix of indoor and outdoor use, light use over propane camp stoves and I did test it once on my butane backpacking stove. I have yet to get courageous enough to set it in a bed of coals because how small the handle is.

Mainly used as a coffee cup and measuring cup but also making at least a few servings of oatmeal, rice, etc. throughout the week Notable abuse survived to date: falling off a car at 40mph and boiling water with a propane torch

Solid, flexible, mimimalist mug. Right-sized, lightweight, not too expensive.

Pros

• Solid
  • Not too expensive
  • 450ml is working out to be a good size

Cons

• Cools quickly, I really need to make a cozy.
  • Base is slightly small, but workable, for my solid fuel stove.

I wanted a largish lightweight mug for camping with either my small alcohol stove or a fuel tab store. I also wanted ti tough enough for every day.

Welcome to Trailspace, Brett. How has your Toaks cup held up durability wise? Got any pictures of yours to show in your review?

Want Two Puffy Jackets from Rab?

Six Moon Designs Minimalist V2 Review