Great snowshoes for deep powder, heavy weight, speed,…

Source: bought new, unused secondhand

Summary

Great snowshoes for deep powder, heavy weight, speed, and easier non-wooded terrain.

Pros

• See above

Cons

• Not for thick woods or for climbing steeply

I recently purchased a new, unused but secondhand pair of these snowshoes cheap. Mine are made in Canada. Some are made in the USA. Mine are very large at 12x60.

They look great and truly are quite well made. Sinew webbing with Neoprene bindings. White ash frames. Too long for brushy areas, but anyone with snowshoe experience can get them through an open woods easily. I haven't had them out in deep powder, two plus feet, but have no doubts with their size and ancient reputation they will perform quite well.

Maintained yearly they will outlast me. Ojibiwa style snowshoes are often said to be the best...I don't believe there is a best of most things, but they'll do the job I want them to do and I'll be smiling all the way.

Experience

My snowshoeing goes back into the late 1960s.

Thanks for bringing this brand to our attention, Old guide. Do you have any pictures of your pair you can show others in your review? I assume they were sold as made by the brand, not the kit version, right?

Old Guide

Alicia; mine are the 'factory made' version...of course they're still handmade.

Old Guide

I can't post photos presently...sorry

Thanks, Old Guide! Enjoy the snowshoes and please keep us updated on how they continue to work out.