Current Retail: $251.96-$359.95
Historic Range: $169.83-$360.00
Reviewers Paid: $350.00
Simply put, I'll buy them again. These rank among the best backpacking boots I've ever owned. They're far superior to the slightly lighter weight Zamberlan Vioz GT, which I owned previously, as well as most all other backpacking boots I've owned.
I'd rank them on par with the outstanding, handmade Limmer Boot lightweight backpacker I wore for years. The pliable Nubuck upper provides glove-like comfort with rhino toughness! One of my most satisfying gear purchases in recent years.
- Feel surprisingly light despite the style and actual weight of boot
- Nubuck upper with Gore-Tex liner has proven incredibly waterproof
- Nubuck/rand design provides ecxellent durability, foot protection, and stability, without sacrificing comfort and wearability
- The cushy, padded tongue, while providing excellent support, has to be laced tightly, really locked down to feel secure
- Seem to be prone to some slippage, particularly during break-in, unless laces are really locked down securely
- While the Nubuck requires little break-in time compared to stiffer smooth leather uppers, the rand is somewhat stiff at first, but loosens up and flexes nicely in time
These Nubuck boots with a rand for extra protection and durability are rugged and heavy-duty enough for multi-day trekking in challenging terrain, yet comfortable enough for day hiking or even casual wear in the outdoors. They fit my foot like a glove. The Nubuck/Gore-Tex combination has proven extremely waterproof.
The more I wear them the more I like them. Far superior in overall quality, durability, support, and comfort, to the somewhat disappointing Zamberlan Vioz GT, which I owned previously.
I've guided in Alaska and backpacked hundreds of miles in Olympic National Park, and with the possible exception of high alpine, extreme technical climbs that require crampons and ice axe, I would not hesitate to put these boots to the test anywhere. I'm sold on these boots and will absolutely buy them again!
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $350