Zpacks Classic 30° 900 Fill Power Down

photo: Zpacks Classic 30° 900 Fill Power Down 3-season (0° to 32°f) sleeping bag

Nice warm bag. I have been down to the low 20s with it.

Pros

• Light
  • No zipper to snag

Cons

• None

Have you ever had to get out of your sleeping bag at night for a bathroom break and had the zipper snag? A small hassle in daylight, a pain in the ass at night.

My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas a few years ago, so I asked for a new sleeping bag. I got the wide 30-degree bag from ZPACKS so it would be more comfortable in cool weather and I could wear a puffy jacket and fleece pants if it got cold.

NO ZIPPER. NO HOOD—Getting in and out of the bag is not a problem and my snag problem is gone. I use a Borah bivy with the bag so if it did warm up I can sleep on top of the bag in the bivy. The bivy also helps me take the bag in the 20s range, 22 degrees so far.

I also wear a ZPACKS watch cap. With this combo I can sleep hot, cool, or cold. Zpacks used a Pertex shell when I bought it, total weight 15 ounces.

I LOVE THIS BAG!!!! THANKS.

Source: received it as a personal gift

Thanks for the review, paddlepack! Do you have any pictures of your sleeping bag we could see in your review?

Thanks, paddlepack!