ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian 2 Floor Saver
The brown footprint (floor saver) is ripstop nylon.
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $28 - It's cheaper elsewhere but not in stock
The brown footprint (floor saver) is ripstop nylon. Has six reinforced grommets for the tent poles to slip into. Six male 3/4 inch buckles snap into the tent fly buckles. Works in snow and ice. Seam seal it when you first get it — to be sure it doesn't leak. The one that I bought did not come with taped seams. Washable.
Does not extend under the Tasmanian 2 vestibules. There is a 3-person size. This one won't fit the 3-person Tasmanian 3 tent. Can be used for other things that need a ripstop waterproof fly with grommets and buckles.
- Strong, lightweight, waterproof
- Works well in snow and ice
- Inexpensive — more expensive than a tarp
- Does not extend under the Tasmanian 2 vestibules
- Extends an inch beyond the tent base, good for winter.
- Did not come with taped seams
This is the 2-person size for the Tasmanian 2.
Required item — Tasmanian tent floors are not Ripstop.
Much better than a tarp:
- Lighter and stronger than the cheap blue or green tarps sold at hardware and home stores
- Less trouble than making your own TYVEK ground sheet
- Fits tent outline
- Reinforced grommets and buckles
Item dimensions 2 x 7.5 x 12 inches in pouch
Hint - Just attach it to your tent and use the pouch for something else
Matches the six sided Tasmanian 2 floor outline
Item weight approximately 1/2 pound
Shipping Weight 0.65 pounds
- Nylon tent floor saver
- Corner and center Attachment: 6 reinforced Grommets & 3/4 inch Female Buckles
- For ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian 2 Person Backpacking Tent
- Easily fits inside tent bag