Waterproof/breathable upgrade to the Lone Peak 2.0.

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Waterproof/breathable upgrade to the Lone Peak 2.0.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Breathable
  • Perfect fit

Cons

• Slick rubber
  • Price

neoshell.jpg
Nothing new, I've been a big fan of Altra since the begining so my opinion is most likely biased. The new Neoshells are pretty right on.

First putting them on I felt they were a little roomier inside and also a lot thicker, more padded upper. They almost felt half size too big. Opposite to the Superior 2.O that fit a half size smaller. Simple fix, put on heavier weight Darn Tough sock, get out there and hit some trail. Later I realized the new fit was exactly what I needed and was looking for!

Lucky for me it was a pretty wet day out to test them. Long stretches of saturated trail. Some gravel, some mud, rocky... You know, like a real trail. I gave them an honest shot and sent it straight through everything not tip-toeing around. It was pretty neat blasting through everything and my feet staying totally dry where the other models would have easily soaked through immediately.

Now, running with soaked feet isn't an issue, but I did think general foot health was improved the longer I can keep them warm and dry. A few times I did jump in over the top of the shoe and water instantly got inside which I was wondering about. How quick do they drain? Ya it was quick. Just as quick as the water had gotten in, seemed to have gotten right out.

One difference I thought I had noticed was possibly different rubber underneath? They seem a little more slick than the regular 2.0 when wet. Really though they're right up there as some of my favorite shoes. If you don't mind the extra $ I bet you'd like some of these.

A hit for any Altra fan. Really excited to get this into some snow shoes some day!

Thanks for the Altra review, John. I hope you'll keep us posted on how they continue to perform for you.