Big Agnes Q-Core SLX

Price Current Retail: $129.95-$249.95
Historic Range: $94.95-$249.95

rated 4.5 of 5 stars average rating

or

Pros

• Weight
  • Size
  • Sleeping on side

Cons

• None so far, time will tell more about durability

This pad is awesome. I recently broke it in with a summit trip to Mount Baker. The valve system works great, although it does take more breaths than I would prefer at high altitude. It seems durable. We were sleeping on rocks and I didn't feel that I had to worry about the pad, and I was never cold (in fact I was sweating in my 20 degree bag, temp was probably around 15-20 at night).

The size is awesome, smaller than a standard Nalgene. The weight is great too. Typically I'd be drawn to a lighter weight foam pad where there is no worry of puncture. But, the ability to pack small, sleep on my side, and the awesome warranty from Big Agnes all make this pad worth it.

Lastly, it rolls up easily, and the dedicated "out" valve really makes a huge difference. Couldn't give this pad the full 5 stars because of lack of time and because of the Big price tag.

Your Review