Coleman Xcursion Lantern

The Xcursion Lantern has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best fuel-burning lanterns for 2020.

photo: Coleman Xcursion Lantern fuel-burning lantern

Price Historic Range: $36.00-$43.00
Reviewers Paid: $43.00

This lantern is light weight, very small, and very durable. You charge the unit with fuel. It used Coleman PowerMax fuel. This lantern holds enough fuel to keep it lit the entire night. We tested how long it would stay lit on several occasions. My husband and I were amazed at how much light this little lantern put out. We have tried other lanterns, but they pale in comparison. This is the best lantern for backpacking that you can get. No complaints here!

This lantern is filled from the Coleman Xseries fuel bottles and I carry an Xtreme stove most of the time. I was able to completely fill the built in tank from a nearly empty bottle.

It could use a piezo striker. It lit and burned well after sitting out all night at a minimum of 10 degrees F. Does not appear to be a self cooling system, must get a liquid feed somehow like the xstoves.

It has a very tiny output, not much heat, but then not much carbon monoxide either. It says to keep upright—I am not sure what would happen if it overturned...

Jim S

Good little lantern, about 30 watts and a good solid 6 hours burn time on one filling. Easy to fill, mantles appear tough, no problems yet. A little hard to light.