Eddie Bauer First Ascent Downlight Hooded Jacket

Reviewers Paid: $120.00
Women's
Price MSRP: $219.00
Historic Range: $99.99-$229.00

A light and well made 800 fill down jacket for 3-4 season use. Very packable and good for layering or extending sleeping bag warmth.

Pros

• High quality materials and construction
  • Light and packable
  • Excellent quality
  • Good sale prices often available

Cons

• My original EB jacket had no down DWR treatment, but all current jackets have this.

I bought this 800 fill down "puffy" on a 50% off sale because I needed it for higher altitude three-season camping. Mine is a nice "electric blue" color., the one you see here in my avatar where I'm holding my grandson.

I've had mine for six years and it shows no signs of wear from skiing, backpacking, and around-town use. Its down maintains excellent loft, despite repeated stuff sack use.

Great for extending my 20° F. overstuffed Western Mountaineering Megalite down bag to 10°F. along with medium base layer and puffy pants.

**I also have a newer Bauer First Ascent 800 fill down vest that does have down DWR treatment and can be worn under the EB down jacket for much improved warmth.

Experience

I've used this jacket in many areas and seasons in the western US and it has performed very well and keeps on looking good. No complaints at all.

Thanks for sharing your experience with this jacket, Eric.

1 year ago