Both snowshoes' decking failed within five weeks.

Summary

Both snowshoes' decking failed within five weeks. For a “top end” model they sure do leave quality to be desired. Company failed within two emails of asking for help. Poor product, worse customer service.

Pros

• Bindings

Cons

• Quality of product
  • Customer service

I sourced out a Canadian company to support business in my country. First mistake. I should have gone to a reputable company with fantastic service. MSR, Tubbs, Atlas, etc.

Purchased Faber's “Top end” snowshoe as I will be using it in Alberta, Canada. Purchased in January 2019 I used the snowshoes four times. Each time about an hour long. Nothing extreme, mostly ATV trails that were snowed in. Last week, Feb 18, 2019, I noticed a hole in the decking after my hike. Really bummed out I took pictures and sent an email to Faber asking what my options are. As I was taking pictures I noticed a hole in the second shoe deck as well! At this point I knew it was the quailty of the snowshoe.

I weigh 248 lbs at 6' 3" no pack. Add another 5lbs for boots and clothing—253. The snowshoes were rated for 300 lbs. There should be no way I should have punctured two decks. Not a chance. Not with a little stroll down a trail.

Anyway, I gave Faber the oppurtunity to maintain my loyalty and stand by their product. They said:

“Damage caused by an accident is not covered under warranty. This is not material flaw”

Hard one to hear from a company's ”Top end” product. I run a business myself. I don't sell a product. I provide a service. And when a customer is not pleased I personally go out of my way to treat that customer like gold. I would estimate that 80% or more of the call backs are not a result of what my guys have done but just a particular customer. However, I ask what I can do to make it better, money back? Adjust this or that? And they always come out smiling and I have had great word of mouth advertising come from their experience. They choose me with their hard earned dollars. My business will take care of them.

That is all I have to say on Faber's Mountain Master. Go with a reputable company—MSR, Tubbs, Atlas. They will treat you right. Stay away from Faber.

Experience

Poor. Not returning as customer

That sounds like a frustrating experience, Jon. Thanks for sharing it wit us. If you have pictures showing how the snowshoes failed, those would be helpful to see in your review too. Thanks!