Grand Trunk Ultralight Skeeter Beeter

I purchased the Skeeter Beater as my first entry into…

I purchased the Skeeter Beater as my first entry into hammock hiking. I did not want to spend a lot until I knew if hammocks would work for me.

This hammock comes complete and ready to hang. I did not care for the tree tying rope that came with it so I made some tree straps with a  steel ring sewn into one end. Set up is quick. A 1/8 inch bungie cord is provided to suspend the netting.

A tarp line could be used but the bungie is more forgiving and protective of the netting in the event an inexperienced person falls entering or exiting the hammock (got kids?) I stretched an 8 x 10 siliyon tarp overhead and took a nice dry nap while a summer thunderstorm hammered down around me.

First night I slept extremely well, I am talking eight hours or more. I never used a hammock before and tend to sleep on my side or stomach, didn't matter. The Skeeter Beater gave me a very good sleep. I did not feel particularly restrained and no shoulder bunching. Although I had intended to upgrade if I liked hammocks, I have decided to wear this one out.

The Grand Trunk Ultralight Skeeter Beeter is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 17, 2018 at Grand Trunk.

Katadyn BeFree 0.6L Review