It's my portable veranda. At 33.7 ounces it's the…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $65
It's my portable veranda.
- It covers a greater area than many others
- Hex is by far more useful than diamond shaped
- Heavier polyester fabric will last longer
- Corners are well reinforced and come with cords that stow in the pockets at each corner
- Bagged with six stakes it weighs 33.7 ozs.
- Heavier than diamond shape
- Doesn't have an open bar at day's end LOL!
At 33.7 ounces it's the heaviest part of my newest shelter system. The Hennessy Hex covers a lot of ground or a hammock, then some. This pairs with an XL 78" wide nylon hammock and a separate over-sized bug net enclosure. With these components I can be comfortable in all seasons.
In fair weather I can use the bug net on the ground strung loose between two trekking poles and a large mylar emergency blanket inside it for a ground cover at a weight of 11.8 ozs. The XL hammock with straps and carabiners weighs 24.8 ozs. All three total weigh 70 ozs. or 4 lbs./5 ozs. and it affords more sheltered area than my Mountain Hardwear Drifter 2 tent with a packed carry weight of 6 lbs..