A nice replacement top for large mouth bottles. Provides…

Summary

A nice replacement top for large mouth bottles. Provides a smaller drinking area which helps keep the fluid off your body when the ice shifts or you turn up the bottle too fast.

Pros

• Keeps ice in its place
  • Smaller drinking surface is easier to drink from
  • Well made
  • Cap has a rubberized surface for easy spinning on/off

Cons

• None

I've used Nalgene bottles for close to 20 years and periodically have to replace the tops due to dishwasher heater element mishaps or because the strap eventually wears out. I needed to replace a top recently and I saw this humangear top at one of our Army/Navy Surplus stores and decided to try it.

I have been really pleased with it. The Nalgene bottles are already a bit heavy and this lid doesn't really add much more to it than the normal top. But, you get the major benefit of a top that's easier to drink from and you don't have to worry about the ice shifting and dumping a load of water over your face/neck/clothes.

The cap does add a little height to the bottle but that hasn't been a problem for me.

WP_20140115_22_03_21_Pro.jpg

Here's how the drinking spout looks.

WP_20140115_22_05_42_Pro.jpg

Even though I use this on my Nalgene bottle, it fits several different wide mouth bottles.  The packaging lists:

• Works with 32 oz. Nalgene wide-mouth bottles, Nalgene OTG bottles, all CamelBak bottles, Cyclone bottles and other wide-mouth options

Update 1/15: While using this top during my four-day Colorado Trail backpacking trip this past summer, I discovered the spout fits perfectly with my Steripen water purifier, eliminating the need to carry the Nalgene wide mouth adapter.

DrPhun

My wife has one and likes it. The only issue she has with it is because it is two tops, sometimes we forget to tighten one and it leaks i.e. we tighten the lid on the bottle, but forget to tighten the lid over the smaller spoout - it's our fault, but easy to do.

Thanks for the update, jboothmtnbkr.

This is a huge step up in my Nalgene game! I don't…

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I received a sample of this product from the brand or its representatives in exchange for a review. I kept the product after testing.)

Summary

This is a huge step up in my Nalgene game! I don't know how I got by without one! No more spills down the front !of my shirt! Bonus!

Pros

• no spill!
  • easy to use

Cons

• price

I occasionally receive gear to field test while camping in exchange for a review.

While planning for this trip, I brought some easy dinner items to quickly toss together. Prior to leaving, I mixed up some sauce at home and transported it in my GoTube. It was perfect! The opening to the soft silicone container is nice and wide. I added some chili sauce, soy sauce, and Sriracha to the tube and replaced the lid and shook it to mix.

The lid has a nice mechanism that will lock the lid to prevent it from opening during transport. When squeezed, the contents are very controlled and there is no drip once you release. I used the FlexiBowl to mix up my concoction at camp. I emptied a tin of canned chicken int the bowel. The top inch or so of the bowel will fold down to create a wider opening.

I used my Go-Bites spork to mix the sauce I brought with the chicken. I ate this on crackers. It was delicious after a long day.

Pardon my dark demo video, it was 9 pm when I got around to eating. Prior to having the Humangear Go-Bites double ended spork, I had a Light My Fire spork. I was doing a side by side demo of the strength and barely put any effort on the ends of the Light My Fire spork and it split in two.

I'm a fan of the Humangear eating utensils. I have also used the DuoBites which are a fork and spoon that slide into each other for transport and so they stay together. I really like both utensils that I have tried! I also have to throw in a GREAT word for the Humangear CapCap! This is a huge step up in my Nalgene game! I don't know how i got by without one! No more spills down the front of my shirt! Bonus!

Disclosure: The reviewer received a sample of this product from the brand or its representatives in exchange for a review.